There are approximately 6 million car accidents that happen in the United States every year. Car accidents can be traumatic and affect you in several other ways and your lifestyle. Even though several accidents happen every year, we never really take note of the statistics until we are involved in mishaps.
One of the essential thighs that you must initially do is inform your lawyer about the incident. Your Queens car accident lawyer will aid you throughout your case. Here below are some things that you did after the car crash.
Do not forget to do these things after a car accident.
- After the crash, you stay calm, collect yourself together, and attend to the injured on a priority basis if the injured is harmed. Get medical attention and call the ambulance on the scene.
- People tend to crowd around the spot of the accident sites. You must ensure that there is a safe distance between the vehicle, the victim, and the gathered crowd.
- Make sure that you gather evidence from the accident scene. You must prioritize getting pictures, videos, and camera footage of the crash, as all of these will be necessary when you file a report and your case.
- After you have gathered all the evidence, you must head to the closest police station, file an accident report against the other driver, and inform the police about the entire course of action. The police will then file an accident report that will be crucial for an insurance claim.
- After the registration is completed, the insurance officer will come to inspect the vehicle and analyze the damage caused during the accident. You need to ensure that your lawyer accompanies you at this particular point in time. The reason is that the insurance officer’s primary objective is to cut down the compensation claim or reject it entirely. Your lawyer will make sure that you get the actual value for the loss that your vehicle has incurred.
- During the trial, both parties involved in the crash will be given a chance to present their points and post that the decision will be made.
There are certain situations in which you will need some special care and attention, like if the driver that crashed your car was negligent or was under the influence of a substance, then you will need to ensure that you prove your point in court. No one better than your experienced car accident attorney can do it.