Playing with live dealers is one of the most important options for an online casino that values its reputation. When users get tired of slots or other games with a computer, they prefer to relax in a live casino. What distinguishes games at the table with a croupier from slot machines? It is not a random set of combinations that make up the paylines, but the ability to directly influence the outcome of the game with your actions.
Live dealer casino is not a cheap expense for a gambling establishment. The administration will have to cover the following costs to ensure the smooth operation of a live casino (according to the data from fancasinos.com article about live casinos):
- rent a studio;
- buy playing equipment, cameras, tables;
- hire staff: dealers, technical support, analysts, etc.
Each live game session is expansive for a casino, so the list of offered games is small: roulette, poker, baccarat, blackjack.
The live dealer casino can only be played with real money. There are no free modes for this type of entertainment.
How Can You Join a Live Casino?
Customers can play a game with a croupier by choosing a suitable game in the “Live Casino” tab, as well as familiarizing themselves with the minimum and maximum bets. Next, the client chooses the dealer he would like to play with. There are many attractive young girls and guys among the croupiers.
Several clients can sit at one table. Therefore, it will take time for bets to be accepted. During the round, the croupier lays out the cards, carrying them over a special device that scans symbols and converts them into a digital image. The dealer can answer customer questions that they ask in the game chat, as well as resolve emerging questions.
The bets and cards of the players are fixed by a computer program in automatic mode. The winning bet is also determined by the program and the lucky client is displayed on the dealer’s monitor and user screens.
The casino customers can play with the croupier both from a stationary computer and from a mobile device. No webcam connection is required for clients. The dealer and other players can only see your nickname. You play the game incognito. That allows customers to spend their leisure time even while lying on the couch.
Key Components of a Live Casino
To operate an online casino with real croupiers, you need the following components:
- Tables with Game Control Unit. The GCU is the main device that powers the live dealer casino. It digitizes information from a studio video.
- Monitor. Shows the information about the players at the table to dealers.
- Croupier. The person thanks to whom the games at the table become alive.
- Cameras broadcasting what is happening in the studio for all users.
- Roulette. One of my favorite live casino games. Roulettes have built-in sensors that also convert information from the wheel into program code, providing an automatic display of results.
A live casino requires at least three rooms to operate. There is a studio with tables and cameras in one of them, programmers who monitor the accuracy of computers – in the other. The third room can be occupied by analysts.